Latest football transfer news, rumours and gossip, including Lionel Messi updates, Donny van de Beek and Jack Grealish
Sunday’s Paper Talk has the latest football gossip from the national newspaper back pages.
MAIL ON SUNDAY
- Messi will boycott Barcelona’s first day of training on Sunday, stepping up his efforts to force a move to Manchester City.
- Marcelo Bielsa is monitoring developments with Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez (below). The Leeds United manager is a confirmed admirer of his fellow Argentinian who has interest from up to 10 clubs.
- Manchester United have held talks with Aston Villa over a deal for Jack Grealish as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also monitors developments with Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek.
- Galatasaray preparing shock move for Manchester United star Fred with Turkish giants set to make loan bid for Brazilian midfielder.
Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez attracting interest
SUN ON SUNDAY
Ollie Watkins celebrates scoring against Swansea
- Harry Maguire has been given an extended break by Manchester United following his Greek nightmare.
- Aston Villa look ready to splash the cash for Ollie Watkins – and offer him a £70,000-a-week contract.
- Manchester United are weighing up a move for Red Bull Salzburg striker Patson Daka.
Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola celebrate together in 2012
- Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is interested in bringing Manchester United’s Argentinian international keeper Sergio Romero to Goodison Park.
- Barcelona and Manchester City both believe Lionel Messi is set for the Premier League with the Catalan club eyeing a compromise worth £250m. With City’s lawyers now examining the clause in Messi’s contract that gives them hope they can sign the Argentine for free, beleaguered Barca bosses hope that the Blues will agree to a players-plus-cash deal rather than take a £630m gamble in court.
- Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is stalling on signing a new contract due to worries over his transfer funds.
Tanguy Ndombele could be set to leave Tottenham after just one year
- Inter Milan have told Tottenham that they are interested in signing Tanguy Ndombele, but the north London club will need to lower their £55m valuation in order to agree a deal.
- Wolves are set to increase their £15m bid for Arsenal midfielder Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who is rated at £25m by the north London side.
- Chelsea have reportedly returned with an improved offer for Rennes’ Edouard Mendy, after their opening bid of £15m was rejected. The goalkeeper has been identified by the Stamford Bridge hierarchy as a potential replacement for Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Everton head coach Carlo Ancelotti
- Senior figures at Barcelona expect Lionel Messi to join Manchester City, with the Spanish club preparing for life without their iconic captain by looking at potential replacements, including Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez. (SUNDAY TELEGRAPH)
- Everton reach agreement with Napoli worth £24m for Allan as Carlo Ancelotti (above) edges closer to reunion with Brazilian, and the Toffees hope to wrap up a deal to sign James Rodriguez this week. (DAILY STAR SUNDAY)
- Ryan Kent says he wants to repay Steven Gerrard’s faith in him by staying at Rangers. (DAILY RECORD)
- Celtic have accepted a bid for playmaker Tom Rogic. Neil Lennon has confirmed the club have received a satisfactory offer for the out-of-favour Aussie after he was linked with a move to Qatar. (DAILY RECORD)
Check out all the latest transfer news by clicking here
Transfer Window: Done deals
A full list of all the complete signings in the summer 2020 football transfer window with details of the confirmed deals from the Premier League, SKYCHURP Bet EFL and Europe.
A complete list of every football transfer in the current window across Europe